What is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses customized emails to inform and educate customers about goods and services. It also aims to initiate actions like making a purchase, getting a trial, or signing up for an organizational event.
One might argue about the effectiveness of using email marketing for the promotion of products and services against the rapid increase in the user base of various social media platforms. But this is not the case. The effectiveness of email marketing can be traced from the Return on Investment it offers, it is $36 for every $1 spent.
Why Opt For Email Marketing?
After being aware of ROI, it seems reasonable to go with email marketing. Here are a few more reasons for the same.
- Email acts as the best medium of communication. Business or personal, any active user in the digital space checks their email once a day.
- The ROI is highest in the case of email marketing in comparison to other tactics.
- Similar goes for the conversion rate which is higher than the social media platforms.
What Are The Objectives Of Email Marketing?
Once you are aware of email marketing. Now let’s explore the objectives of the email marketing campaigns.
- Enhancing Brand Awareness -Whenever you approach clients using customized mails, it somehow makes them aware of your presence in the digital domain. It gradually contributes toward brand awareness. To make it more effective, educational content should also be included in the emails.
- Increasing Sales – It is the long-term objective of every campaign. The campaign aims to increase sales by tempting customers and initiating purchases.
- Adds To Credibility – Being honest toward your customers is very important to be in the game for the long run. An email marketing campaign can be used for enhancing credibility by adding content related to customers’ feedback and experiences.
- Boosts Site Traffic -The links to different websites are provided under email marketing campaigns. It can be used in enhancing site traffic by encouraging users to use catchy slogans and creative templates.
- Automated Daily Tasks– One of the goals of a successful email marketing campaign is to generate automated emails for the onboarding series, order confirmation, password reset email and reactivation campaign. This helps to avoid chaos and is more effective.
Steps In Email Marketing Campaigns
Moving on, let’s know about the steps that are there in designing and implementing an Email Marketing Campaign.
- Curating a targeted list -The first step is to get the emails of the clients whom you are willing to communicate with. This is done through signup boxes on the websites. To get customers with sign-up boxes, a lead magnet( offers, discounts, coupons, guides) is used. Targeting and segmentation are the next steps once you get the client information.
- Opting for the most suitable design– Personalized mails which are readable in the HTML format are effective. Visually appealing content and the right use of pictures are very important for creating an impact.
- Storytelling in the content – You know what an effective email does, it depicts a story keeping in mind the target audience and enhances brand awareness. A short, sweet, and relatable story will work best for your campaign.
- Be cautious about the subject line – The first thing that a customer sees is a subject line and it needs to be effective at any cost. Having a subject line is simple yet arouses curiosity.
- Creating a call to action – The call to action is all about where the customer is being taken, it can be a landing page or a product page. The language for the CTA should be simple. Positioning should also be taken into account.
- Reviewing and testing – The last step is reviewing and testing. Keeping an eye on the mail after being sent is very important. Check for the appearance in different email hosts, smartphones, and errors in links(if any).
Start your Email Marketing campaign that increases your sales and helps you in standing out!